Re: Octave in Universities

From: Radu Prekup
Subject: Re: Octave in Universities
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:50:42 +0200

At Tallinn University of Technology, Tallinn, Estonia, Octave is a integrated part of a civil engineering mechanics course by Dr. Andres Lahe (see http://staff.ttu.ee/~alahe/, http://staff.ttu.ee/~alahe/konspekt/myCD/sisukord.html, it's written  in Estonian, but the code isn't). He uses Octave for solid mechanics calculations, introduction to the finite element method and such. I personally and professionally have used Octave for the last 3 years.