Re: Octave in Universities

From: P.J.G. Long
Subject: Re: Octave in Universities
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:10:37 +0000

       We have just swapped our main Undergraduate teaching from
       Matlab to Octave with little problem. We also distribute a Live
       CD with Octave on, + an embryonic web based calculation package
       using Octave as the backend processor, See
       www-mdp.eng.cam.ac.uk, for further details and a slightly buggy
       on-line version.

       Regards

       Peter Long

    Dr. Peter Long                                Tel: 44 (0) 1223 3 32779
    Senior Design Engineer
    Cambridge University Engineering Department   Fax: 44 (0) 1223 3 32741
    Trumpington Street
    Cambridge CB2 1PZ                             e-mail:  address@hidden
Open Source Software/Hardware/Resources for Engineers www-mdp.eng.cam.ac.uk