Re: new octave

From: Miquel Cabanas
Subject: Re: new octave
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 12:58:13 +0100

hi

Octave is so smart that you don't have to write "..." to indicate that
the command continues in the next line. For instance,

octave:1> myfilter = [
> 100, 200, 300
> ]
myfilter =

  100  200  300

The only? exception is when pressing the return key immediately after
the "=" sign in an assignment, then, either you type the 3-dots or you
get a syntax error, i.e.

octave:2> myfilter = ...
> [
> 100, 200, 300
> ]
myfilter =

  100  200  300

octave:3> myfilter =
parse error:

  syntax error

>>> myfilter =
              ^

I assume there must be a good reason to keep this exception.

Miquel

PS I'm not going to mention that is an octave list and that your post is
clearly off-topic, but I guess someone will say so.