Re: Problems with FFT and IFFT

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: Problems with FFT and IFFT
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:46:34 -0700

on 2/28/06 12:27 PM, John W. Eaton at address@hidden wrote:

> On 28-Feb-2006, Sascha Berkenkamp wrote:
>
> | Must I set all values smaller than eps to zeros?
>
> You can do that if you think it is appropriate for your application.
> I see no way that Octave can determine whether it is reasonable to do
> that for you.
>
> jwe

A related question:

Code efficiency-wise, would it be quicker to just x2=abs(x2), rather than
searching through eps values? The error introduced would probably be small.
Is there a quick vector way of setting all values less than eps to zero,
rather than searching the vector with a for loop?

Just curious.

Joe