Re: possible bug

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: possible bug
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:49:23 -0500

On 23-Feb-2006, Gorazd Brumen wrote:

| Why is it done this way? Is there any
| special reason of cell properties that it should
| function this way or is "compatibility with matlab(TM)"
| the only reason? I find this behavior really really weird.
| no logic whatsoever.

Yes, well I would personally prefer to not have magic whitespace in
this context (or inside []).  But if Octave behaves differently from
Matlab in this regard, it causes a lot more problems than it solves.

If you want to know why Matlab has this "feature" then I guess you
should ask the MathWorks about the history behind it.

jwe