Re: Text editing question

From: kamaraju kusumanchi
Subject: Re: Text editing question
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 08:56:24 -0500

Stefan van der Walt wrote:

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 07:35:43PM -0500, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
This doesn't work for me.  Selecting the text with `v' or with
the mouse, and hitting `=' does nothing.

Hmmm, It works fine here. I am using Debian Sid vim 6.4.7. What is your OS and vim version?

Doesn't work for me either, using
VIM - Vi IMproved 6.3 (2004 June 7, compiled Aug 22 2005 17:23:42).

And in ~/.vimrc:

set shiftwidth=2
set tabstop=4 set expandtab

To get the tabs working, I use Søren's octave.vim:

As an aside, for syntax highlighting, see:

http://www.octave.org/octave-lists/archive/octave-sources.1998/msg00011.html

(I personally use emacs, but I tried it out and it works, after adding
"syntax on" to ~/.vimrc).

Regards
Stéfan

By default .m files are recognized as matlab files.

I think (in both the above cases) the necessary indentation files are not sourced properly. Let's try another method.

open the file by using -u NONE option

$gvim -u NONE temp/test2.m

Then paste your unindented code

Then source the appropriate matlab indentation files

On Debian this file is called as

/usr/share/vim/vim64/indent/matlab.vim

So I will be doing

:so /usr/share/vim/vim64/indent/matlab.vim

Then select all the lines with V or v or mouse etc., and then press =

Let me know if this works.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi