Re: reading/priniting images

From: Stefan van der Walt
Subject: Re: reading/priniting images
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:42:41 +0200

Hi Agnes

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 02:37:03PM +0100, Agnes Bousquier wrote:
>   First, thanks a lot to Stefan de Konick, Andy Adler and Stefan Van der
> Walt who helped me to make imread work. In fact, I had to install the
> cygwin's version of ImageMagick and to copy convert.exe and identify.exe
> in my current directory.
>
>   I am trying to print an image by executing :
>
> [r, g, b] = imread('myfile.png');
> imshow([r, g, b])

I made a number of fixes to the image reading routines lately, so you
might have to upgrade your version of octave forge (I am not sure
which version you are using).

Further, IIRC, the syntax was

imshow(r,g,b) (not [r,g,b])

If you put ImageMagick's 'display' on your path, you'll also escape
the scourge of Internet Explorer.

Regards
Stéfan