Vectorisation of octave - some sources of help/inspiration

From: THOMAS Paul Richard 169137
Subject: Vectorisation of octave - some sources of help/inspiration
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 07:42:56 -0600

I have remarked before on the remarkable little document put out by Mathworks:
(a) http://www.mathworks.com/support/tech-notes/1100/1109.shtml

I have found another useful set of notes on vectorisation, this time from Tim
Love:
(b) http://www-h.eng.cam.ac.uk/help/tpl/programs/Matlab/tricks.html

As with (a), what works for the leading brand should work for octave.  However,
I have tested this assertion for ~50% of the examples.

If you have a bit more time, this is a very useful compendium of high level
octave use:
http://home.online.no/~pjacklam/matlab/doc/mtt/doc/mtt.pdf

Best regards

Paul Thomas