Re: Problem porting Matlab code containing feval

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: Problem porting Matlab code containing feval
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 00:24:03 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, V P wrote:

Hi All:
I am in the process of porting my old Matlab code to Octave since I no
longer have access to Matlab.

I recreated the problem in the following snippet:

function test(fn)
yN = [1.2, 0.8];
i=0
while i < 3,
feval(fn,yN)
i=i+1;
end;
endfunction;

function d=dfns2(y)
d1=-1 + 2./2.^(16 *(-3.75 + y(:,1)).^2);
d2=-1 + 2./ 2.^((-8 + y(:,2)).^2);
d = [d1, d2];
endfunction

in Octave (2.1.71) I do the following:
test(dfns2)

LUK already suggested one way. Another way would be to pass a function handle like

test(@dfns2)

and change the line from

feval(fn,yN)

fn(yN)

This may depend on version 2.9.x though.

Bill

--
"The history of liberty is a history of the limitation of government
power, not the increase of it."