Re: communication toolbox

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: communication toolbox
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:10:12 +0100

Steve C. Thompson wrote:

Hi John,

On 09 Feb 06 20:41PM, John Lachapelle wrote:
> Does anyone want or need some sort of communication toolbox?

Yes!  More communications tools are needed!

(I posted a message in April, 2005 asking about convolutional
encoders, see
<http://www.octave.org/mailing-lists/help-octave/2005/1366>.)

Contributions you make will certainly be appreciated and used.

Steve

Steve,

As Quentin pointed out there are quite a few communications tools in octave-forge, as I spent quite some time writing them. Notably missing is the Viterbi and convolutional coder. We have these at motorola, together with a forward-backward, but we draw the line of what code we can contribute to octave without asking permission to release Motorola IP at Matlab compatibility functions. We have done this in the past with our fixed point toolbox, but the process is a pain so the release of this code is problematic for us. So if someone else has a good convenc, etc function I'd really like to seem them included in octave-forge...

D.

Motorola Labs - Paris +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph) Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob) 91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax) The information contained in this communication has been classified as: [x] General Business Information [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary