Re: fsolve inside fsolve

From: Brian Bucher
Subject: Re: fsolve inside fsolve
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 08:27:37 -0500

Geordie McBain wrote:
I attach the promised fsolve replacement.  It's pretty rough (in
particular very verbose), but I hope it helps.  It works fine on your
example:

It sure does. Thank you for the code. Just out of curiosity, this wouldn't similar to the algorithm that underlies the two-initial-guess condition of fzero, which the help page calls "Brent's method", would it?

Thanks,
Brian