Re: configure warnings with 2.9.4

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: configure warnings with 2.9.4
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 16:27:34 -0600

Mike Miller wrote:

I'm sure the other three warnings weren't going to pose problems for me, but what about these?...

configure: WARNING: COLAMD not found. This will result in some lack of functionality for sparse matrices. configure: WARNING: CCOLAMD not found. This will result in some lack of functionality for sparse matrices.

I don't know what functionality will be affected and I don't know where I can get my hands on COLAMD and CCOLAMD. Are these found in libraries or include files that I am missing? What do I need to do to get these?

These are in the ufsparse libraries. See http://www.cise.ufl.edu/research/sparse/UFsparse/Jan28_2006 . If you're not using sparse matrices, you don't need it.

-Quentin