Re: problem with mplayer?

From: Agnes Bousquier
Subject: Re: problem with mplayer?
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 09:50:46 +0100

Kevin H. Hobbs a écrit :
On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 16:20 +0100, Agnes Bousquier wrote:
Hello,

  Excuse me for disturbing you again. As Stefan Van Der Walt advised me to
do, I downloaded MPlayer and installed it on my computer. Then I tried
to extract my video frames by typing : "imread(dos('"C:/Program
Files/MPlayer/mplayer.exe" -vo png myfile.avi'))". But when I execute
the script with octave, I get the message : "Error opening/initializing
the selected video_out (-vo) device." I assume this is a problem with
MPlayer, but I did not find the solution on the Web. Could anyone please
help me? Thank you very much in advance.

Agnes

Are you running mplayer inside octave? Does mplayer work all on it's
own, say from a dos box?
Yes, I want to run mplayer inside octave.
MPlayer works successfully when I execute it just to read a video stream, ie when I type
"C:\Program Files\MPlayer\mplayer.exe"  myfile.avi
on a DOS prompt, but if I try to extract frames by typing
"C:\Program Files\MPlayer\mplayer.exe" -vo png  myfile.avi
I get the same error message as with the octave script.