calling a DLD function from another DLD function

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: calling a DLD function from another DLD function
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:40:02 -0500

On  1-Feb-2006, Carlo de Falco wrote:

| I think this might be a very trivial question but I couldn' find
| anything about it in the documentation:
| is it possible to do a function call to a function coded in a .oct
| file from within another .oct file?

Yes.

| How can this be done?

Use one of the feval functions, declared in parse.h.

| Is it efficient?

It is about as efficient as calling a .oct file function from Octave.

If the functions are defined in the same .oct file, then you can use a
more direct route.  But if they are not in the same file, you may have
unpredictible results, so it is best to use feval to handle the
function (.oct file) lookup.

jwe