struct() handling in C++

From: Jan Trmal
Subject: struct() handling in C++
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:23:12 +0100

Hi,
can anyone tell me, or show me some C++ code, where the DLD function have
struct as input argument?

for example, when I create in octave
struct("svm_type", "c_svc", "kernel_type", "linear")

I use this code for parsing (just example)

DEFUN_DLD(svmpredict,args, nargout,
        "Trains the Support Vector Machine")
{

        if (!args.is_map()) {
                throw eValueConversionError("model parameter must be struct");
        }

        Octave_map map = args.map_value();

        octave_value o1 = (map.contents("kernel_type"));
        octave_value q1 = o1.list_value().operator()(0);

        cout << q1.string_value();

        return octave_value_list()
}

But It seems very complicated to get such as simple datatype as string.
Is here any less complicated way than the one I've found?  :)
Regards,
  JT