Re: how to increase line width?

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: how to increase line width?
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 21:33:44 -0700

on 1/30/06 7:56 PM, John B. Thoo at address@hidden wrote:

> Hello.  To piggy back on this thread, I would like to plot
>
> x=-4:0.1:4;
> hold on
> plot (x, x.^2, "-r")
> plot (x, 0.75 * ((2 .* x).^2).^(1 / 3) + 0.5, "-k")
>
> with a heavier line width for the second graph only.  How do I do this?
>   It wasn't clear to me from the description below.
>
> I'm using Octave 2.1.46 in X11 on Mac OS X 10.3.9.  (I'm sure this is
> an older version of Octave.  I plan to upgrade it when I upgrade the OS
> to Tiger during spring break in a few months.)
>
> TIA.
>
> Best regards,
> ---John.
John,

Without the addition of __gnuplot_set__ and __gnuplot_raw__ which appeared
recently to eventually replace gset, you will have a difficult time talking
directly to gnuplot, which is required to do what you want.

My suggestion would be to replace your octave-2.1.46 with the octave-2.1.71
and octave-forge from http://hpc.sourceforge.net. Follow the instructions on
the site for a relatively simple installation.

Then, if you haven't already, get and use the .dmg installers for
gnuplot-4.0 and AquaTerm-1.0 from the Apple download site and
http://aquaterm.sourceforge.net.

I still run OS X 10.3.9 and built octave-2.1.72 from source with it. I won't
upgrade to Tiger until I'm sure Apple has 10.4.x under control for open
source software, which should be soon. I guess I have the same fear of
breaking working programs that you do, but I'm a bit further down the
upgrade road.

Joe