Re: 2.9.4 on mac OSX tiger

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: 2.9.4 on mac OSX tiger
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 04:02:17 -0600

On 1/22/06, Shai Ayal <address@hidden> wrote:
> Carlo de Falco wrote:
>
> > BTW I'm going to port my FEM semiconductor device simulator
> > written using from "the other brand" to octave, but I will
> > need some substitute for the pdetool plotting functions.
> > It seems very difficult to use gnuplot for that purpose
> > so I considered two options:
> >
> > 1) Octaviz, but I've not been able to build that on tiger
> > 2) Opendx, but I would need some kind of octave/dx communication
> > such at that present for gnuplot...
> >
> > Any suggestions or any other options?
> >
> > Carlo.
>
> If you just need 2D graphics, you might consider octplot -- it has
> handle graphics and is supposed to work for OSX -- you can be one of the
> first to test it on this platform :)
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/octplot/
>
> Shai

Shai,
That looks quit nice, thanks!
Unfortunately the visualizations I need to produce
are 3d. You can get an idea by looking at some examples
at:

http://mox.polimi.it/it/progetti/Semic/trasporto_consolidated.php3?en=#3D-HD

there are also some animations at:

http://mox.polimi.it/it/progetti/Semic/Figure/cubetto_ep.mov