Re: Matplotlib ?

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Matplotlib ?
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 18:01:19 -0500

On Jan 22, 2006, at 5:29 PM, Andy Adler wrote:

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006, Madhusudan Singh wrote:

Hi

Python has this library called matplotlib that matches Matlab graphing
capabilities almost exactly. Two questions :

[Question about how to use it from octave deleted]

I look a quick look at http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/.
While the graphs do look impressive, I notice that there are no
examples of 3D graphics, such as mesh or plot3.

If this is true, then matplotlib has the same limitations as epstk.

Could anyone comment?

You are correct that this is primarily a 2D graphics package although
I believe some proof of concept work has been done using VTK.  I've
used the 2D plotting a little, but I'm not sure I will be able to
make mesh plots fast enough for my needs.

        - Paul