Re: Read data file and get time scales

From: Jonathan C. Webster
Subject: Re: Read data file and get time scales
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 16:10:58 -0500

There is a function to do exactly that. Quoting from the help file.
 - Function File:  hist (Y, X, NORM)
     Produce histogram counts or plots.
Read the rest of the help file.

Jonathan

Alejandra Lopera wrote:
 Hi, I have a data file with 1000000 float numbers like this
 0.000001
 0.000024
and so on. How do I make in Octave a program that reads this line and create a new file with two rows, one will be the time and the other one, the number of time a number less than and more than appears, like this
 0.01    5
0.02 7 0.03 9
 so in this case I want to measure the quantity of numbers that are less than
0.01  wich is five in this case; the quantity of numbers that are more than
0.01 and less than 0.02 and so on. Thanks