Read data file and get time scales

From: Alejandra Lopera
Subject: Read data file and get time scales
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:44:12 -0800 (PST)

 Hi, I have a data file with 1000000 float numbers like this
0.000001
0.000024
and so on. How do I make in Octave a program that reads this line and create a new file with two rows, one will be the time and the other one, the number of time a number less than and more than appears,
like this
0.01   5
0.02   7
0.03   9
so in this case I want to measure the quantity of numbers that are less than 0.01  wich is five in this case; the quantity of numbers that are more than 0.01 and less than 0.02 and so on. Thanks