Re: 2.9.4 on mac OSX tiger

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: 2.9.4 on mac OSX tiger
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:52:13 -0700

On 1/21/06, Marius Schamschula <address@hidden> wrote:

> See my previous post. /usr/lib/libreadline.dylib is a Mac
> OS X 10.4.x thing, not to be found in 10.3.9. It is NOT gnu readline
> compatible. There are a number of other such annoyances in Tiger, such as
> /usr/bin/locale and a few others.

MacOSX is BSD based , the /usr/lib/libreadline.dylib is in fact
is BSD libedit (I think) pretending to be a libreadline.
How do BSD people build octave? Do they install gnu libreadline?
There should be the way to tell to configure to get libreadline
from either /usr/local/ or /sw places. I wonder if setting
CCFLAGS="-I/usr/local/readline:$CCFLAGS"
would help (provided that readline headers are installed in
/usr/local/readline).

Sincerely,

Dmitri.