Re: polynome code?

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: polynome code?
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 07:56:07 +0100

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 12:36:16PM -0500, Przemek Klosowski wrote:
> You do realize that this does not uniquely define your polynomial,
> right?  The cubic curve has eight coefficients, and you only provide
> six constraints so there will be a two-parameter family of curves that
> satisfy your requirement.

Sorry, I did not notice that my mail client sent my reply to a former
answer to the sender, not to the list.

I really meant a single polynomial, with four coefficients. So, as
pointed out in the other answers, I should have treated the
correscponding set of four equations in the usual way, instead of
looking for existing spline code.

Still what you write is useful to me, since it gives me a description
of how Bezier curves work, which I am not familiar with.

Thank you.

Olaf