Problem with MPITB on IA64 arch

From: Gianvito Quarta
Subject: Problem with MPITB on IA64 arch
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:22:26 +0100

Hi,
I'm trying to set up a parallel octave environment
on an Itanium II, IA64, 128 cpu cluster.
I have some problem during the mpitb re-compilation because
for IA64 arch, the cast from pointer to int gives problem
(during the compilation with gcc 3.2.3 the error:
reinterpret_cast from `_comm*' to `int' loses precision
occurs).

I tried to change the casting of pointers to long
and then I have successifull compiled MPITB.

Unfortunaly some problems occur at run time,
when I try to use a lot of mpi functions under octave.

The first one are:

(after lamboot and octave commands, that show me
... LAM 7.1.1 - Indiana University ...
... Set SSI rpi to tcp with the command:
  putenv('LAM_MPI_SSI_rpi','tcp'), MPI_Init
Help on MPI: help mpi
octave-2.1.72:1>...)

when I try to call a MPI_Comm_rank, a SIGSEGV occurs:

[info rank]=MPI_Comm_rank(MPI_COMM_WORLD)% rank=0
MPI process rank 0 (n0, p31218) caught a SIGSEGV in MPI_Comm_rank.
Rank (0, MPI_COMM_WORLD): Call stack within LAM:
Rank (0, MPI_COMM_WORLD):  - MPI_Comm_rank()
Rank (0, MPI_COMM_WORLD):  - main()

Someone can help me?

Thanks in advance, G. QUARTA