Re: imagesc doesn't work

From: Stefan van der Walt
Subject: Re: imagesc doesn't work
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 23:29:10 +0200

On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 12:14:03AM +0100, Martin Seebach wrote:
> fre, 13 01 2006 kl. 18:22 +0200, skrev Stefan van der Walt:
> > You need to have 'display' installed (comes with ImageMagick).
>
> That was it, thanks! Shouldn't it be considered a bug that Octave lets
> this fail silently?
>
> OT: I got like five answers to this off-list .. doesn't people use the
> mailing list?

There are many reasons why people prefer not to use the mailing list, including

a) They think they'll look like idiots.
b) They think that they are wasting the time of the other people on the list.
c) They are not sure that their advice is technically correct.
d) Their e-mail client by default responds to the sender.

and probably a bunch of others I can't think of right now.

Personally, I know I am sometimes guilty of (a) and probably (c) --
but I think it is more important to get a conversation going, rather
than being too shy to send in your opinion/questions.  Someone may
actually benefit from your advice -- accurate or otherwise!

We are here to help each other use octave, not to ridicule each
other, so I would like to encourage people to make their replies on
the list, so that we may all learn.

Do I sound too much like a motivational speaker? :)

Cheers
Stéfan