Re: Octave won't plot on Mac OS X

From: Norm Hecht
Subject: Re: Octave won't plot on Mac OS X
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 22:00:41 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Still no luck on getting Octave plotting or even gnuplot to work.

I added two lines to my .tcshrc file for GNUTERM and DISPLAY,
so now it's

setenv PATH /opt/local/bin:opt/local/sbin:/usr/local/mysql/bin:$PATH
setenv GNUTERMAPP /Applications/DarwinPorts/AquaTerm.app
setenv GNUTERM aqua
setenv DISPLAY 0.0

When I log into gnuplot, it gives the message "Unknown or ambiguous
terminal name 'aqua'".  Typing "set terminal" shows that yep, no sign
of aqua on the list, nor any variation on aqua.  I get the same error
when I try plotting in Octave itself.  Do I need to get an updated/modified
version of gnuplot that deals with aqua?

Thanks again for helping!

Norm