Re: Save with variable argument

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: Save with variable argument
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 09:04:45 -0600

Reiner Suikat wrote:

Hi,

This may be a stupid question.

I want the following to work:
Fname = test.mat
save -binary Fname a b c ...

It appears that whatever I give as an argument to save is taken literally,
it simply does not substitute the filename.
I tried save -binray (fname) ...

Well, it saved to (fname).

What's the trick?

There are two ways to do this that I can think of:

1) eval(sprintf('save -binary %s a b c',fname));

2) save('-binary',fname,'a','b','c');

The second one is probably better, because the eval function is slow and should be avoided if there's another way of doing things.