politeness, good programming style, and pipes

From: Brian Blais
Subject: politeness, good programming style, and pipes
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 06:33:52 -0500

Hello,

I was wondering what the proper way to handle the closing of pipes is.  If I
open up
a pipe to another program (using popen or popen2), and intend on always keeping it alive until octave actually exists, should I take care of closing it myself or will
this happen automagically when octave exits?  Should I use atexit() to take
care of
the closing of this pipe?  What does octave do with gnuplot for such a case?

                thanks,

                        Brian Blais

--

            address@hidden