Re: xmlread command format

From: Laurent Mazet
Subject: Re: xmlread command format
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:04:41 +0100

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 14:51:18 -0600
Chris Fearing <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am attempting to use the xmlwrite and read functions....
> however, any placement of a variable before
> the xmlread statement results in a syntax error.
>
> I have also tried setting a variable=xmlread(FILENAME)
> this results in
>
> Invalid XML (state 1): Unexpected character 'c' in prolog.

In fact, xmlread only works on xml-like data ie structure

octave:1> b.a = randn(3,); b.b= "foo";
octave:2> xmlwrite ("foo.xml", b)
octave:3> xmlread ("foo.xml")
ans =
{
  a =

    -0.097996   0.895049  -0.575360
     0.165489   0.480133  -0.348497
     1.144601  -0.509819  -0.955041

  b = foo
}
octave:4>

       Laurent
--
Dr. Laurent Mazet: Research Engineer /V\ Centre de Recherche de MOTOROLA
Tel: +33 1 69 35 48 30 =-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Email: address@hidden