Re: plot to file

From: Gert Van den Eynde
Subject: Re: plot to file
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 04:17:02 -0600

Shai Ayal wrote:
Gert Van den Eynde wrote:

Hi all,

I'm using octave from cvs. What is the advised way to plot to a file? In "the old days", this was connecting to gnuplot with gset term png gset output "file.png" etc... When I use gset now, I get a warning that it will be deprecated in Octave 3.0... What should I use to guarantee compatibility?

print

Could you provide an example, please? From "help print" it is not clear to me how I can tell octave what figure to print... One extra point: I'm running on a cluster node that doesn't forward X, so my job runs in batch and should, at the end, produce a plot in a file....

thanks,
gert

 ----------  SCK-CEN Disclaimer  ---------
 http://www.sckcen.be/emaildisclaimer.html