Multiple variables in ode45

From: Ron Crummett
Subject: Multiple variables in ode45
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 20:04:54 -0800

Hi all -

I am trying to solve a differential equation with ode45 that has two input variables and one output, but one of the input variables is dependent on the other. When I try searching for anything like this it is to no avail (maybe I don't know what to search for).

Anyway, the equation is

u_dot = 0.5*e_dot+1.64*(e-1.14*Vf_dot)

where e = Vf-Vl, Vl is my input, and Vf is my output. The value of u is then fed into another system (which I do have the diff. eq. for) to get Vf, if that helps.

Could someone give me some pointers on how to do this?  Thanks.

-Ron