Re: Mersenne Twister range in rand.oct and randn.oct

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Mersenne Twister range in rand.oct and randn.oct
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 08:58:56 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Mike Miller wrote:

In one Mersenne Twister FAQ I see this:

  2002-version mt19937ar.c has versions [0,1],[0,1),[0,1),(0,1) (32-bit
  precision), and [0,1) with 53-bit precision.

Which am I getting when I use rand.oct in Octave forge? What I would really like to know are the largest and smallest values that can be produced both by rand.oct and by randn.oct.

I should say that it's really one .oct file:  rand.oct.
randn is derived from rand.oct.

I took a look at Octave Forge's rand.cc but I can't find in it what I need to know (because of my incompetence, obviously).

Mike