Re: use LAPACK routine for triangular systems?

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: use LAPACK routine for triangular systems?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 07:39:20 -0500

On Nov 27, 2005, at 8:22 PM, Evan Monroig wrote:

On 11/26/05, Paul Kienzle <address@hidden> wrote:
Octave-forge has trisolve.m in main/splines which uses the LAPACK
routines.  Octave 2.9.x has this built into the sparse matrix
solver routines.

- Paul

This is for tridiagonal systems, and I am looking into using a LAPACK
routine for upper-triangular systems ;)

In octave-forge/extra/linear-algebra there is a triangular
matrix type and implements a solver.

You will have to check out the 2.9.x sparse support yourself,
but I believe David implemented optimizations for banded
and perhaps triangular matrices.

- Paul