Re: use LAPACK routine for triangular systems?

From: Fredrik Lingvall
Subject: Re: use LAPACK routine for triangular systems?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:16:20 +0100

Evan Monroig wrote:
On 11/25/05, Fredrik Lingvall <address@hidden> wrote:

In my algorithm I end with a triangular system to solve, and I know
that LAPACK has some specific routines for triangular systems (like
this one http://www.netlib.org/lapack/double/dtrtrs.f). Is there a way
to take advantage of these with octave?

I have made I few mex-files for some of the BLAS and LAPACK routines
for that purpose. I have attached  an example  using the LAPACK POTRI
routine. You can use the mex-tools in octave-forge to build the
corresponding
oct-files for octave (you need to link to your BLAS and LAPACK libs).

Thanks, I will try your method. If I understand well, the process to do that is:

1) get the LAPACK f-file

You really don't need the LAPACK f-file. You link the LAPACK that probably
is on your system already.

/F