Re: FIXED (again): INTERP2 problem

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: FIXED (again): INTERP2 problem
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:32:12 -0500

On Nov 26, 2005, at 1:43 PM, Pierre Baldensperger wrote:

As mentioned in the previous posts: the behaviour of this version of INTERP2 with respect to XI and YI has been changed!! So if your code was assuming the former behaviour (imposed meshgridded XI and YI), you may need to modify the
way you call the function.

I'm happy to support XI and YI arbitrary, however according to the docs
on the web, interp2(z,[1:5],[1:6]) should return a 5x6 matrix. Do you have reason to believe otherwise? I've reverted the behaviour to automatically
generate a meshgrid if given vectors.

Please add a test for non-gridded XI,YI at the bottom of the file.

I've updated your patch to include recent changes on CVS (in particular
bicubic interpolation) and to add a test case for interp2(z,n).  bicubic
doesn't handle non-meshgridded data, and silently does the old behaviour
of taking the first column of XI and row of YI.

Please perform future revisions against the new version.

Thanks,

        - Paul