RE: more compiler errors

From: Hall, Benjamin
Subject: RE: more compiler errors
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:19:59 -0500

The SuSE DVD should have 2.1.71 included (also on the web, of course).  SuSE
doesn't include octave-forge, so you will have to compile that.  If you want
to build your own, I had to

./configure --with-fortran=gfortran

to get the configure script to recognize my BLAS and LAPACK installation
(because I think I had an old g77 or f77 lying around somewhere that
configure picked up first).

Of course, you will need install the gcc-c, gcc-c++, gcc-fortran packages
and maybe some others to compile it yourself if they are not already
installed.