Numerical Mathematics Consortium

From: Javier Arantegui
Subject: Numerical Mathematics Consortium
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:08:22 +0100

Hello,

Today I learnt that a Numerical Mathematics Consortium (1) haved been
established on August 9. The founding members of the consortium are
Maplesoft, Mathsoft, National Instruments and INRIA (makers of SciLab).

(1) http://www.nmconsortium.org/

The main goals of the consortium are:
* Provide a fundation that facilitates the reuse of numerical math algorithms
* Standardize definitions, semantics, etc.
* Help users to interpret and reuse algorithms
* Facilitate the use of these algorithms for embedded and real-time targets.

I think that it's quite importat that the Octave development team were part of
this consortium to let the Octave comunity voice be heard.

I'd like to know if there is any action planned in this direction.

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax  +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es