Re: octave-forge vs. lam-mpi

From: Javier Fernández Baldomero
Subject: Re: octave-forge vs. lam-mpi
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:34:53 +0100

Marius Schamschula wrote:

I'm in the process of updating octave to version 2.1.72 for Mac OS X. Since I build two versions of octave (with and without lam-mpi), I was wondering if I could use the same build of octave-forge for both.

Hi,

with lam-mpi... you mean using the ./configure switch?
_________________________
Optional Packages:
 --with-PACKAGE[=ARG]    use PACKAGE [ARG=yes]
 --without-PACKAGE       do not use PACKAGE (same as --with-PACKAGE=no)
 --without-mpi           don't use MPI
_________________________

If so, I think JWE recently clarified that the switch is no longer required and may dissapear soon.
Let me see if I can find the posting.... yup! here it is
http://www.octave.org/octave-lists/archive/help-octave.2005/msg03626.html
in thread
http://www.octave.org/octave-lists/archive/help-octave.2005/threads.html#03620

I suspected that, but I was clueless as I cannot read configure scripts :-(
http://www.octave.org/octave-lists/archive/help-octave.2004/msg02318.html
in thread
http://www.octave.org/octave-lists/archive/help-octave.2004/threads.html#02318

-javier