Re: Octave chokes on this in some systems

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave chokes on this in some systems
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:03:59 -0500

On 15-Nov-2005, Shai Ayal wrote:

| I think this is a very important patch. I was not able to use the 2.1.71
| FC4 rpm because of this bug (to say nothing of the fact that it prevents
| people from running octplot :) )
|
| IMHO this patch should definitely go into any 2.1.72 rpm and might also
| justify a 2.1.73 release

But it is just hiding what looks like a bug in GCC.  Is there
something in a standard somewhere that allows this difference in
behavior, including crashing in one case, simply by moving some code
from a .h file to a .cc file?  We should work to fix the real bug, not
mask it.  Has anyone tried the same test code with the current GCC
sources from the SVN archive?

jwe