Linking Octave with HDF5

From: Lester Wade
Subject: Linking Octave with HDF5
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 13:59:35 +0000

Hi,

Sorry to bother you all. I've had a little dig through the archives and found some suggestions to my problem but they don't seem to work.

I'm trying to configure octave and link it to hdf5 libraries. I've installed the libraries into /usr/local/hdf and also onto our network. I've then tried the following;

./configure -with-hdf5=/usr/local/hdf/libhdf5.so

Configures fine but still says it cannot find the libraries. I've tried all sorts of combinations and am at a bit of a loss. I've tried setting my environmental variables such as HDF5_LIB to point to /hdf/lib etc.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions on how to solve this. Using Octave-2.9.3 source.

Thanks,

Lester Wade