documentation

From: Ron Crummett
Subject: documentation
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 21:35:50 -0800

Hi -

In installing Octave 2.1.69 on my Debian Sarge system I also installed a package, Octave 2.1-doc, that was purported to contain much information and documentation for Octave. How do I access this file? I tried typing help -i in Octave but when I do I get the following error message:

/usr/share/info/octave.info: No such file or directory

Did it not get installed, or is Octave looking in the wrong place? Where else might I be able to find it? Is there somewhere I can download it in pdf or tex format? Thanks.

-Ron Crummett