Re: LabView and Octave

From: Sascha Berkenkamp
Subject: Re: LabView and Octave
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 16:12:56 +0100

* Lo?c Le Guyader <address@hidden> [02.11.2005 14:35]:
> > I downloaded this OctaveInLabView but I can't find any real
> > explainaiton or tutorial.
>
> I'm the guilty guy. Can you give an example of what you want to do ?

On a university project we'll build up an optical  measurement
system. So we get some pictures from a camera (all the drive controll
will be realised in LabView) and the signal will be dressed in a
lock-in-amplifier.
My part of the project is to analyse the signals outcoming from the
lock-in. The signals are in a signalline and have the form of a
gaussian style. I must calculate the center of gravity with octave.
I think it would be ok to store the data of the signals and to run a
m-script after the measurement. But it would be nicer to have a
direct connection between octave and LabView.
One idea of mine was to use Perl and a Octave module from CPAN and
write a simple server/client function. But then I read about the
listen function...
I would like to input continuirly a data stream into my octave
calculate some center of gravity (delay of 20 seconds...)

Sascha