Re: which Linux distribution offers the best octave-support?

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: which Linux distribution offers the best octave-support?
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 09:39:11 -0500 (EST)

   And if you're really worried about latest versions, or need specific
   features of latest Octave versions, then probably you should try Debian sid.
   I'm using the stable sarge version, and use Octave a lot, without problem.
   But it has octave version 2.0.17. Sid has 2.1.71.

Just to keep the score, I want to point out that Fedora 4 includes octave
by default from the extras repository, and it's 2.1.71; octave-forge is
also included.