Re: LabView and Octave

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: LabView and Octave
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 22:37:31 -0500

Some versions of Windows XP don't let you fork a new version of octave with each connection request. As a work around I created a new version of listen which accepts the argument "nofork". This is available in the cygwin build, or I can send you a version that works with the 2.1.50a build.

The problem may be with the old version of cygwin I used for the 2.1.50a build. Could a few people with the cygwin package for octave 2.1.71 try setting up an octave connection? The easiest way is to start octave and type listen(1515) then run tclsh with octave-forge/extra/soctcl/octsync.tcl, maybe first changing the line "bounce $fd 5" to "bounce $fd 35" so that you can have time to run two versions simultaneously.

Thanks in advance,

        - Paul