Emacs: Debug->Send Region and Inferior startup --traditional hangs

From: Sebastian Schubert
Subject: Emacs: Debug->Send Region and Inferior startup --traditional hangs
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 16:12:59 +0200

Hi,

I use Emacs 21.4.1 to edit octave files. I set
(setq inferior-octave-startup-args '("-q" "--traditional"))

When I send Region to an Inferior Octave (C-c TAB C-R) it hangs
sometimes. Here an example:
n=1;
do
  n++;
until (n==10)

Entering it into the Inferior buffer manually works and
$ octave --traditional -q test.m
too.

Removing "--traditional" from the Emacs setting removes the problem.

Did I make any mistakes?

TIA
Sebastian