Re: Octave PDE initial value problem solvers

From: Geordie McBain
Subject: Re: Octave PDE initial value problem solvers
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 16:06:35 +1000

There are some good examples of solving nonlinear two-point boundary
value problems using orthogonal collocation in Octave in the book

        J. B. Rawlings & J. G. Ekerdt 2002 Chemical Reactor Analysis
        and Design Fundamentals, Nob Hill.  ISBN 0-615-11884-4

I think you might even be able to find the Octave code on the Web
somewhere.

I don't recall whether they also treated 1-D parabolic initial--boundary
value problems, but it's easy enough to reduce those to a sequence of
the former if not, using finite differences in time.

Geordie McBain
www.aeromech.usyd.edu.au/~mcbain