Re: Examples for use of symbolic toolbox?

From: Geordie McBain
Subject: Re: Examples for use of symbolic toolbox?
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:42:12 +1000

I'm not a regular user of the symbolic toolbox (I normally use the more
specialized packages Maxima or Emacs Calc for symbolic stuff that's too
much for pencil and paper), but I can give you some simple examples of
the functions you mentioned:

octave> symbols
octave> X = sym ("x");
octave> differentiate (Sin (X), X)