Re: save and reload plots

From: James R. Phillips
Subject: Re: save and reload plots
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:01:15 -0700 (PDT)

--- Corbin Champion  wrote:

> I am surprised with this response.  There is a save and load command in
> gnuplot...
>
> <excerpt from guide to using gnuplot>
> The option that GnuPlot gives for saving work is the save command. If you
> type the following:
> save "mywork.gnu"
> GnuPlot will then create a text file with the name you gave it that includes
> set commands for every possible setting in GnuPlot. You can then load this
> file to continue work where you left off.
> <end excerpt>

OK, I admit I haven't tried this.  So if you think this will get you where you
want to go, I urge you to try it.

But if you do, I think you will find that the words "setting" and "state" are
distinct.  The state of gnuplot includes more than its settings.  And this is
particularly true when using gnuplot with octave, which relies on passing
temporary file to gnuplot with the data to be plotted.

jrp