Re: Octaviz installation on Mac but first need VTK, and possibly also Cm

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: Octaviz installation on Mac but first need VTK, and possibly also Cmake
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:39:55 -0700

Johnathan,
Thanks.  I had located the tarball for octaviz-0.4.

The anonymous cvs attempt was to get the VTK source and I followed
instructions at
http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/06/28/data_visualization.html?pag
e=2
which said: Again, we will use CVS to retrieve the software and build the
source tree. You will start by logging into the CVS system:
cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/VTK login

I assumed that the above is to get the source from the vtk website
(vtk.org), as you say, and I will try again by going directly to vtk.org.

Thanks also for telling me that I need cmake. I assume that it is not part
of the Developer Tools on Mac. I will also check Fink if VTK and cmake are
available there.
Henry