Re: fltk, oct files, and windows

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: fltk, oct files, and windows
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 06:05:27 -0400

On Oct 5, 2005, at 2:18 AM, James R. Phillips wrote:

--- "John W. Eaton"  wrote:

It might also be good if libstdc++ could be a shared library on Cygwin
systems.  Do you know why it is not?  Is this a FAQ?  If so, where is
the answer?

jwe

According to Charles Wilson [1] it is just a difficult problem to successfully build the C++ runtime library as a dll on cygwin, due to a variety of factors.

[1] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-10/msg00067.html

Have you tried octave-forge/admin/Windows/mkstdc++dll.sh?

It converts the static C++ library into a DLL. It worked for me for my build of octave on Windows.

- Paul