Re: save a plot to PDF?

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: save a plot to PDF?
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 00:27:54 -0600

Paul Kienzle wrote:

On Sep 29, 2005, at 1:49 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On 29-Sep-2005, Jake wrote:

| Anyone know how to save an Octave plot as a PDF?

Save as postscript and use epstopdf?

Use

  __gnuplot_set__ term pdf
  __gnuplot_set__ output "foo.pdf"
  replot

Paul Kienzle <address@hidden>
    * plot/print.m: Add support for PDF output.

Gnuplot pdf terminal relies on pdflite library which (at least
as far as I can tell) is not GPL compatible. As a result
many distributions will not have it enabled.

Quality of pdf terminal is not as good (in my opinion)
as quality of postscript terminal.

So, at this moment I usually recommend to people postscript to pdf
route.

The drawback is that it adds yet another dependence (on my
system epstopdf is part of tetex distribution), so perhaps
ps2pdf would be better (this one is part of ghostscript,
but that dependence is already here).

Sincerely,

Dmitri.